We are proud at Temple Israel of Natick to have some of the best trained bar and bat mitzvah students around! Highlights of our bar and bat mitzvah program include:
- An inclusive approach that involves all families, including interfaith and LGBTQ
- Learning to read Torah in the 6th grade "trope class"
- Reading Torah at the family services and on Shavuot
- Studying Torah and Haftarah with Cantor Ken
- Learning about the Torah and Haftarah portions with Rabbi Liben
- Helping to make up the minyan on Monday & Thursday mornings
- Working on the 13 Mitzvot projects, through which students pick mitzvot involving interpersonal kindness, ritual acts, and Torah study to help make their bar or bat mitzvah preparation more meaningful.
- A Bar/Bat Mitzvah Committee that helps guide families through the process
For Bar/Bat Mitzvah Families: Some Important Documents
Some Parents' Prayers
A reminder of the temple's "nut aware" policy (no actual nuts in the temple, though products that "may contain traces" are allowed)
Click here for resources for learning to read Torah & Haftarah
Noah Linden's Mitzvah Project for soccer supplies in Guatamela